Sunday, May 24, 2009

New arbor

Last week, my husband helped put up an arbor on the back patio. The structure was meant to be covered with jade vines (?) in the future.


There are two kinds of jade vines available locally; one bearing orange blooms and the other blue. The blue one looks more like 'tiger's claw' (hence the name in Vietnamese). It is much prettier and harder to find.


We have had the 'orange' vine growing for a few years now. It definitely needed something to climb up. Hubby has made a 'ladder' for it on one side of the arbor.



On the other side, I planted two 'blue' ones. I hope they will grow fast to catch up with the orange.



It might take another year or two for the vines to climb to the top. Meanwhile I think I will hang my hoyas and orchids on the arbor for them to enjoy the rain and sun.

No comments: