Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Yoohooo... my pet plants have arrived!

I was worrying the plants from Bangkok would get seized at the customs because they were coming without a phyto certificate. But maybe the plant God knew how much I loved plants so He gave order for them to get though safely!
And here they are after getting potted up.
Nepenthes rafflesiana: You should look at how big its pitcher is! And the pitcher is spotted. Incredible!

The only drawback on this species is, according to the experts, it will only hold two fresh pitchers at a time.

Nepenthes bicalcarata, with green pitcher.

Tillandsia xerographica: If you know how small some tillies are, you will be startled at the size of this one. It's huge! Just love it.

Tillandsia pruniosa. This one looks kinda like T. bulbosa, doesn't it?

Is it enough? Well I'm not sure...! You know how it goes with plant-addicts, don't you?

2 comments:

lynn'sgarden said...

Hà Xuân, Woohoo!! That is one cool (and huge) pitcher plant! I'm glad it came to you in such good shape, too! You grow the most interesting plants! I would have liked to see the scale of the big and small tillie to compare.
Have a great day! Thanks for visiting me!

Hà Xuân said...

You know what, Lynn... while you drool over my plants, I do the same over yours! Grass is always greener on the other side of the hill, right? Hehehe.
Okie, I will take a pic of the tillies, big and small, side by side so you can compare.