Friday, July 24, 2009

My succulent fountain

Having some success with succulent plantings so far with a mini-dish garden and an outside bed, I attempted another planting. This time it has the form of a fountain.
It didn't take me long to get it done as I have everything at hands already. So I just went ahead and here's the final product.

The "spill" is achieved with sedum burrito. I hope in a few more months, it will grow long enough to cascade and cover the "fountain".

The "water" in the caching pool consists of several acheverias and semperviviums. I also added a handful of NOID sedum to make it look "busy". Then I mulched with pine bark and scattered a few pebbles to brighten up. When the little sedum finally fills in, maybe I will remove the bark mulch.

I'm loving it. It will definitely the object of my gaze for the next few weeks, now!

4 comments:

Kris said...

What an absolutely stunning arrangement. I never would have thought to make a 'fountain' out of cascading plants. Well done! Easy on the eyes and you never have to clean the 'water'. ;-D

lynn'sgarden said...

Hà Xuân, I always love visiting you to see what neat plants you have going! What a cool idea this is! The pots themselves are beautiful but adding your greens...WOW! Can't wait to see the plants grow in and cascade ;)
Lynn

Hà Xuân said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Hà Xuân said...

Thank you very much for your kind compliments, Kris and Lynn.
I will surely talk more about this "fountain" in the future :-).