Saturday, December 5, 2009

Moving house

Not for me, of course. It is for my nepenthes Ventrata.
This plant was placed on top of the table, on our backyard deck. During the rainy season, it was growing and producing pitchers like mad.
Now that there's no more rain, the air is less humid, this location is no longer ideal, the plant must be moved to some other places with higher humidity.
This is its new home - under a fruit tree which I don't know the name of. It is surrounded by other plants, so hopefully it will feel cooler and better.


And especially, I won't have to feed it with ants by hand anymore since there is a lonony of ants on the fruit tree to supply food automatically!

7 comments:

Stephanie said...

Wow so many pitchers! So beautiful. And, good move Ha Xuan!

Hà Xuân said...

Thanks Steph. Do you keep pitcher plants?

lynn'sgarden said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
lynn'sgarden said...

I think the pitcher plant will love it's new home under the tree...company with other plants, shade, all-you-can-eat ants..what's not to love? Okay, you have to describe the fruits on this tree...I'm curious now ;)

Lynn

Hà Xuân said...

It' cây mận, Lynn. I will try sending you a photo of the fruit.

Stephanie said...

I just have a Sarracenia. I am still looking for a nepenthes to grow. I saw some small varieties (mini ones) but they were all fully grown. I like to grow them from young plants and would like to see how those pitchers are formed :-D

Hà Xuân said...

Congrats on your new Sarracenia, Steph. You must share how you handle its dormancy.