Tuesday, December 8, 2009

New hoya blooms

My Hoya mekongensis (or ssp. carnosa?) is blooming again. It's second time this year.


The plant is a vigorous grower, sending out new vines every where. Last year, I repotted it into a "free standing" pot and intended to keep in inside all the time. But it didn't like to be inside, so I had to move it back out into the shade house.
With all the vines, the plant doesn't look good in its pot any more. Maybe I will have to pot it again, providing a sturdy trellis for it to grow on.
Though the plant doesn't have nice perfume, its blooms are really eye-catching because they are quite large.


4 comments:

Stephanie said...

This pure white is lovely and just in time to give some white Christmas cheer :-D It's wonderful to see another beautiful hoya bloom from you. Have an exciting Wednesday!

Hà Xuân said...

Thank you, Steph. Yes, I also love its white.

lynn'sgarden said...

Just beautiful, Ha Xuan! You are the queen of hoyas...I think!

Hà Xuân said...

Queen of Hoyas? I like that title, Lynn. :-)