Monday, February 23, 2009

My new container of petunias

Went to the market the other day and got tempted into buying some healthy petunias. I put them in a container so that my neighbor can water them properly in this scorching sun.





I love petunias with their brillant colors. When we first have Tuysonvien, I planted some petunias in the planter, beneath the azelea and along our back patio. They grew well and bloomed a lot. But they soon lost their glory. I didn't know that they were 'annual' and have to be replaced every season!





When I was in WCR, I had a beautiful container of petunia planted with other plants. All looked very wonderful but soon the petunia started having cartepillars! Yak! I had to remove the petunia to save the other healthy plants.



Then I left WCR and all the beautiful plants behind, although I managed to cram many of them in my luggage to bring back!
Still in love with petunias. I definitely will try to make some good potting soil to have them in hanging baskets every season!

2 comments:

Kris said...

I love the spicy scent the petunias give off in the evening! And I absolutely love the POT you have them in! :-)

Hà Xuân said...

Thanks, Kris. You're always with me on my blog! So you like the pot? Me, too; but it's quite heavy to lift. I usually pick my pots at a local place and they're quite affordable since most of them are "rejects" from pottery exports due to little faults in them. But they are good enough for home use, aren't they?