Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Amaryllis blooms

I grow these plants from seeds given by friends on the Garden Web. They are more than 3 years old and had bloomed since last season. Unfortunately, except for 3 of them in pots, most had their scapes eaten by snails and slugs in the garden so I couldn't see their bloom.



This season, after seeing them losing all their leaves, I digged them up and potted them in containers to safe-guard them. Now two of them are blooming beautifully.



These were crosses made by Elizabeth and Cindee. When I moved them back to VN, I lost all their tags so now I don't know which is which.
Luckily, Elizabeth hinted of Charisma for the first plant and Cindee hinted Pink diamond for the second plant. Though not a complete parentage, I now know something about these beautiful bloom. I'll name them in Vietnamese basing on these hints.
I still have some more bulbs that will bloom soon. It's now Amaryllis season here.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

It's reward time! Gorgeous blooms!! It's always refreshing for me to see Amaryllis in colours other than red.

Btw, your patience and passion in growing Amaryllis amazes me. 3 years is a pretty long time!

Hà Xuân said...

:-)
It's long, yes, but I do have other blooms to enjoy along the way... so not a big problem, Steph.